Sunday, March 1, 2009

Week 7 Collaboration

Google docs, certainly satisfies the problems plaguing colleagues, classmates, business people, or collaborators who live a distance apart, who must produce a product with everyone's cooperation and input. It provided the vehicle to produce exactly what we wanted/needed to accomplish. Just when I thought, 'hmm I wonder if it can do this?" I found the link easily and it performed the task exactly as I wanted.
“Necessity is the Mother of invention” (Plato); I wonder if someone saw a need to find a vehicle that would bring together people from different worlds who needed to work together . As more companies are cutting back on travel expenses the need to communicate face-to-face still exists. Or did someone come up with the idea and then ‘sell’ it to those of us who didn’t realize we needed it, until we were told??
The websites we looked at were amazing and very inspirational! I hope to make some major changes to my site very soon. I want our databases on the first page, citation information right next to that and our OPAC more visible. I want a more PR look also, promoting classroom blogs, Moodle projects, and podcasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment